The first Saturday in October, the Zoo hosted its 15th Annual Wild Affair gala and fundraiser. The night was filled with elegant décor, delicious food, mouth-watering cocktails, high-energy bidding on auction items and behind-the-scenes animal tours led by our very own zoo keepers.
What was the best part? Spending the evening with our generous donors who have put us a step closer to SPLASH! The North American River Otter Habitat Renovation and Expansion project. We couldn’t do it without you!
And speaking of thank yous, we have so many more!
- Dave Bender of CBS 13: Our enthusiastic host and talented auctioneer!
- Patrick Mulvaney of Mulvaney’s B&L and Culinary Specialist: Chef and his team prepared a delicious Farm-to-Fork style dinner highlighting the best foods our region has to offer and some really delicious fruit infused cocktails.
- Ed & Jessica Goldman: The ever talented father and daughter team who rewrote and recorded songs for “My Fair Otter”, a zoo-themed take off on “My Fair Lady”.
- Steve Ayers (Honorary Event Chair) with Armour Steel & Iron Mechanical: The title sponsors of Wild Affair and partners in improving the Zoo!
- US Bank, McGuire Hester, Wells Fargo: Generous sponsors that helped us put on a great event!
- Village Nurseries: Who created a “River Runs Through It” entrance to our event tent with hundreds of beautiful flowers, plants and trees.
- Tobey Oxholm from Drexel University: He sold raffle keys like a champ and gave our Development Director a run for her money!
- Our dedicated volunteers: It’s beautiful because of you! From centerpieces to hanging butterflies, we can’t thank you enough.
- The Zoo Staff: Not only did they dress up as animals for the “My Fair Otter” show, they made the costumes, choreographed the moves, led the tours and made it all happen in a way that makes it look effortless! They put on one heck of a party!
We hope to see you at next year’s Wild Affair on October 1, 2011!
Here is a slideshow of highlights!