These are a Few of My Favorite Things

by Val, the Reticulated giraffe

I was asked to talk a little about myself. While I enjoy my browse and the yummy fruit bottles (however, I would like to request more bananas), my favorite enrichment involves pumpkins. Yes, pumpkins. Not pie and not muffins. Just plain old whole raw pumpkins.

Every so often the keepers place a pumpkin in my exhibit. I take my time and stroll over, you see, I don’t want anyone to think I care that much. I carefully place my foot on the top and test the vegetable for freshness. I casually glance away and begin my amazing yet graceful footwork with the “ball”. I can keep control and pass the ball between my lovely four legs without a single glance down. Watch out David Beckham! Now, being a giraffe in fine standing in the community, I don’t like to do this activity TOO often, I find the jealousy from the other giraffes is overwhelming.

Think about what shots I could hit off the new barn, “goaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllll!
You have just read the article entitled These are a Few of My Favorite Things. Please read the article from What A Giraffe Hearts About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://whatagiraffehearts.blogspot.com/2008/11/these-are-few-of-my-favorite-things.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. What A Giraffe Hearts